Cloud computing (CC) has emerged into a significant technology to run and develop a broad range of application types. CC can be defined as a technical solution where a large number of computers in a distant data centre provide different kinds of services over the internet to private users, companies, and organizations. The primary goal of this kind of arrangement is to share the cost of the infrastructure and application. It also provides very scalable resources based on the actual need. Google Fusion Tables (or simply Fusion Tables) may be a web service provided by Google for data management. Fusion tables are often used for gathering, visualizing, and sharing data tables. Data are stored in multiple tables that Internet users can view and download. The web service provides a means for visualizing data with pie charts, bar charts, line plots, scatter plots, timelines, and geographical maps.
The experience of using the new technology can be beneficial and hazardous. Similarly, cloud computing has merits, risks, and many limitations. This technology has provided multiple benefits to its end-users and business organizations like Speed of deployment get increased # Easy user adoption Need fewer support requirements Reduced cost and responsibility of end-user for platform implementation and upgrades Less wastage of resources Performance of certain factors gets improved like interactivity, reliability, and interoperability. Device and Location independence Scalability But one must be aware of risks, shortcomings, and threats while availing cloud services? How can a malicious internet user harm others? The main limitation of the cloud is its rigidity. If someone uses a particular cloud service, he has to fully dependent on it and cannot move somewhere else. He has to live with cloud weaknesses also. So, a user doesn’t have a wider selection of components and not customize them manually and save money. Lack of SLA (Service Level Agreement) supports: SLA is a great hurdle for dynamicity. Static SLA does not serve well because business needs are too much dynamic. Some cloud vendors can’t sign the SLA as needed by business organizations. Disability to support Multi-tenancy: One can only achieve the goal of cost-effectiveness if he can share cloud resources among many members. But in actuality, three issues are not resolved yet due to which clouds can’t support multi-tenancy. These are resource sharing, security, and customization. Lack of User Interface choices: For evaluating a business perspective user interface is a must. But cloud provides limited choices for making effective interfaces as proposed in. There are a lot of ill-uses which one can face while using cloud services. Table I shows them briefly along with their causes and effects discussing cloud computing services architecture and its enormous benefits gives a view of its ill uses and limitations. It also provides some crucial measures that end users must follow to attain the power of cloud computing in full potential.
But what is really in cloud computing for you? Here is your list of considerations before you plunge to the cloud.
● Data access: Educate yourself as to who will see your data. Some data can be very sensitive and if accessed and used improperly by unauthorized people, might cause more discomfort than ease. Also, some trades (such as the health care industry) have privacy regulations that might render cloud computing inappropriate.
● Payment concerns: It is a good rule of thumb to set clear expectations. One might need to ask what happens to the data if there is a missed payment. This is something crucial that needs to agree upon and written in black and white.
● Backing up: Seeing that the technology is still new, it is recommended to inquire if they back up your data in case their system backfires. A usual contract stipulates that the info owner is solely in charge of data backup, protection, and even security.
Consider the likelihood of your cloud entering an equivalent business like yours. By entrusting them with your data, you are almost inevitably selling your wares to them and inviting your competitor.
Think ahead if you’re doing business abroad. You may have opted for a cloud that’s based offshore. Consider the probability of your data being searched under certain circumstances. For example, if your cloud is situated in the US, your data may be subjected to the USA Patriot Act searches.
● Expectations: Discrimination of any form won’t allow you to store your data at Amazon and infringe copyrights might rule out Google. How about access controls such as passwords? Does the cloud charge for freeing up advertisements in employees’ emails? In the event you’re unhappy with the cloud’s service, how does one terminate their services, and at what costs?
One of these is considered, follow the three fundamental principles which will prevent many headaches within the future.
● Triage, or keep a close eye and tight fist on anything (be it data or something else) which will render your business paralyzed if lost or copied.
● Secure, or take advantage of the tools available in the software to encrypt and hide ultra-sensitive information. Educate yourself and other users. It might save your life.
● Backup; this is the most basic of all. It never hurts to hide your bases by having updated backup copies of everything your cloud has. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound cure as they say.
There are Numerous Benefits Associated with Cloud Storage:
– Cloud storage provides scalability of resources, as the number of cloud servers deployed can be increased or decreased as per the fluctuating business demand.
– Cloud storage providers ensure a robust security mechanism for your data stored in the cloud.
– The data or information maintained in the cloud platform can be easily accessed from anywhere and at any time, with an Internet connection.
– With cloud storage, there is no need to deploy additional hardware for storage or data backup, as the data backup and maintenance are performed by the cloud hosting service provider regularly.
– Cloud storage service is often easily customized by the service provider as per the computing needs.
Cloud storage is that the rage within the IT industry. Storing data in the cloud offline saves you from the hassle of maintaining your local storage systems.